Location & Dates
YogaFit Fundamentals is an intensive multi-level workshop designed to immerse you into the world of instructing Vinyasa yoga classes that are as safe and effective as they are inspiring. YogaFit Fundamentals will cover YogaFit Level 1, Level 2, and Anatomy & Alignment 1 trainings.
This informative workshop will give you the tools to create inspiring Vinyasa yoga classes that are founded on flow movement yet grounded in the safety of exercise science.
After building a firm foundation in Level 1 teacher training, YogaFit's Level 2 training concentrates on communicating the essence of YogaFit®, both to yourself and your participants. In this interactive two-day workshop you’ll learn about musculoskeletal anatomy and the biomechanics necessary to safely and effectively teach. You will also spend time developing your transformational language skills using positive affirmations, and you’ll discover how to effectively teach all types of learners. You will also learn the power of positive communication, and understand how to use YogaFit® teaching tools to empower your future students.
Anatomy & Alignment
In this workshop you will learn how to become safer and more effective teacher, by exploring the musculoskeletal anatomy and biomechanics necessary to safely and effectively teach Hatha yoga alignment. In this workshop, you’ll also examine YogaFit's Seven Principles of Alignment (SPA), and explore detailed musculoskeletal and biomechanical principles applied specifically to Hatha yoga postures.
What you will learn:
- explore the physical execution, transitions, and modifications to traditional yoga poses with an emphasis on effectiveness and safety as it relates to and stability
- learn dynamic Vinyasa sequencing as it relates to for flexibility and stability
understand flowing class formats as it relates to overall conditioning
- learn to use transformative language for communicating the mind/body connection as it relates to overall conditioning
- learn the principles of verbal adjustments for overall conditioning
- understand advanced breathing techniques for flexibility and stability
- learn about emotional intelligence and awareness for flexibility and stability
- explore different learning styles for overall and functional training
- understand power-class formatting for flexibility and stability
- explore the introduction to yoga philosophy, the eight limbs and yamas/niyamas for overall conditioning
- understanding anatomy and alignment for flexibility and stability
- apply principles of functional anatomy to specific asana and to transitions between poses
YogaFit® teaches all the traditions of yoga – balance, strength, flexibility and power – but it does so from a fitness and exercise science approach. We believe this fusion is the doorway to introducing yoga to everybody, regardless of his or her fitness level. We believe that if you can breathe, then you’ll enjoy the benefits of yoga, so we are passionate about ensuring this ancient and holistic practice becomes an intrinsic part of the fitness industry.
YogaFit® is the largest yoga fitness education school in the world, with more than 200,000 instructors trained on six continents. YogaFit® is specifically designed for delivery in fitness facilities and overcomes the mystery of yoga by delivering a practical, user-friendly style, which is accessible, understandable, and suitable for individuals at any level of fitness.
YogaFit® is designed to improve the health, performance, and mental acuteness of athletes or individuals who practice regularly. Based on the traditional fitness science of Hatha yoga, YogaFit® blends balance, strength, flexibility and power into a tried and tested fitness format.