Location & Dates
YogaFit’s second Anatomy & Alignment training looks even deeper at Hatha yoga by exploring the base of support, centre of gravity, skeletal anatomy, and the physiology of stretching. In YogaFit® Anatomy & Alignment II you’ll examine the anatomy and kinesiology of, and common misalignments in, more advanced yoga poses such as shoulder stand/plow, headstand, forearm balance, and crow, along with its many variations (such as scales pose, firefly, and side crow). You’ll also discover how the concepts of direct application of base and centring affect asana, and can create more ease in practice, allowing you to continue to develop your practice, while helping your class participants enhance their own as well.
In addition you’ll take a deeper look at the subtle anatomy of yoga by exploring the chakras, spend time looking at mind-body intention, and its activation or relaxation of muscles in any given pose in order to move further into the full expression of it. YogaFit® Anatomy & Alignment II includes specific details on the nerve plexuses, the glands associated with each chakra, as well as an insight into the hormones secreted by these glands, and their contribution to the effect of key poses.
What you will learn:
- learn the biomechanics of stretching for mobility and flexibility (e.g., joint mobility, stability and determining factors of joint movement)
- understand the physiology of stretching for flexibility and stability (e.g., stretch reflex, muscle spindle stretch receptor, reciprocal inhibition, golgi tendon organ)
- learn and demonstrate how to use muscle awakening for overall conditioning (i.e., recruitment and the bandhas)
- understand breathing with the bandhas for stability and flexibility
- learn about skeletal anatomy for strength & conditioning
- understand and demonstrate kinematics of arm balances and inversions for flexibility, strength and conditioning, and stability.
- learn about chakras for flexibility and overall conditioning (e.g., subtle energy anatomy).
YogaFit® teaches all the traditions of yoga – balance, strength, flexibility and power – but it does so from a fitness and exercise science approach. We believe this fusion is the doorway to introducing yoga to everybody, regardless of his or her fitness level. We believe that if you can breathe, then you’ll enjoy the benefits of yoga, so we are passionate about ensuring this ancient and holistic practice becomes an intrinsic part of the fitness industry.
YogaFit® is the largest yoga fitness education school in the world, with more than 200,000 instructors trained on six continents. YogaFit® is specifically designed for delivery in fitness facilities and overcomes the mystery of yoga by delivering a practical, user-friendly style, which is accessible, understandable, and suitable for individuals at any level of fitness.
YogaFit® is designed to improve the health, performance, and mental acuteness of athletes or individuals who practice regularly. Based on the traditional fitness science of Hatha yoga, YogaFit® blends balance, strength, flexibility and power into a tried and tested fitness format.