Fundamentals of Powerbag Training
Training with Powerbags teaches the body to use its core stabilizers effectively in order that transfer of energy can take place effectively during even the most complex of movement patterns. It provides a feedback mechanism to assist with the development of all movements
being high quality. It constantly emphasizes a high level of co-ordination within each movement and increases the power by which these co-ordinate movements can be carried out.
• Powerbags are a functional training system utilizing soft weights 5 - 50 kg.
• Featuring wipe clean surfaces, webbing handles, foam lined for comfort, inner sack to contain weight.
• With a crossover between resistance training, medicine ball training and core stability the system incorporates all the benefits of gym.
based strength training with the flexibility of sport specific, rotational and throwing drills.
• All major muscle groups can be conditioned for general strength endurance progressing through to high intensity explosive power development.
• Powerbags are suitable for indoor or outdoor settings for any surface and conditions i.e. wet or dry surfaces.
The first thing you notice with the Powerbag when comparing it to other resistance training systems is that it is soft! The purpose of this course is to explore why the Powerbag is different to other training systems, and in many cases why the advantages that Powerbag has over other systems is due to its soft construction, instability and flexible handles. Depending on the type of powerbag you use, the inherent instability in the construction of the certain types of powerbags make them more difficult to lift than traditional weights. However, the amount of weight lifted is far less than the capabilities of a barbell where load becomes a thing of raw strength and difficulty.
The powerbags that are used in teaching this course are more stable than a typical sandbag which has a more noticeable shift in load and therefore more inherently unstable when performing movements.
It is worth
Functional Training Institute
The Functional Training Institute provides cutting edge personal training courses and certifications in the field of ‘Functional Training’. All courses are accredited certifications and include Kettlebells, Powerbags, Battling Ropes, MMA Conditioning, Mobility, Rehabilitation, Barbells and Suspension Training.
We are pioneers and boast world first courses in many areas. We have a team of elite presenters that deliver the information worldwide. Our methodologies are increasing the standard of personal training worldwide.