Location & Dates
Exercise during pre and post pregnancy
Claire is a both a midwife and physiotherapist and is passionate about all things health. As well as having masters degrees in education and epidemiology she is also a mother and has dedicated much time to learning the best way to guide women through pregnancy and the post natal period.
This 2 day course is designed to enable exercise professionals to work with the pregnant and post natal client
- Learn how to safely monitor and train women during the childbearing years
- Overview the how and why of exercise modification for pre and post natal women (including cardio, resistance & flexibility)
- Overview the important postural, hormonal and haemodynamic changes that occur during the childbearing year
- Apply this knowledge to safely program the pregnant client or provide modifications to suit your pregnant participant
- Recognise rectus diastisus in both pre and post natal women and know when to refer
- Learn safe and progressive core and pelvic floor rehabilitation
- Prescribe general fitness exercises for the postnatal woman
- Understand how to return women to impact and strength load following birth
- Learn about the physiological and psychological changes of pregnancy
Mind Body Fitness
To remain dedicated to helping other fitness professionals be the best they can.
To constantly source the best, most relevant and high quality information.
To empower women to train throughout all the stages of their lives including pregnancy and the post-natal period.
To continue education as a life goal that powerfully impacts on all those I meet.
As a midwife, personal trainer, health researcher, educator and physiotherapist I am here to bring it all together.