- Seeking work overseas?
- Find out how to transfer your registration
- Hoping to work in Australia but have an international qualification?
- Check that your qualification is eligible
- Register with Fitness Australia
Seeking work overseas?
The International Confederation of Registers for Exercise Professionals (ICREPs) is an international partnership between registration bodies around the world that register exercise professionals. Members of ICREPs operate independent, competency based registration systems for exercise professionals. ICREPs registration systems operate in four continents, ten countries, and collectively register over 250,000 individual exercise professionals.
You can gain international recognition and direct transfer to work in the below listed countries through Fitness Australia's Exercise Professional Registration and ICREP's portability arrangement.
- REPS United Kingdom
- REPS Europe*
- REPS New Zealand
- REPS Ireland
- REPS South Africa
- REPS United Arab Emirates
ICREPs have produced a global matrix that maps each ICREPs member's registration levels against others, which provides a clear pathway for exercise professionals who are considering working overseas.
* Professionals applying through REPs will only be supplied with a certificate from EREPS and not a letter of portability.
Find out how to transfer your registration
To register with an international ICREPs country listed above, you will need to provide either:
- Your current Fitness Australia Registration card/certificate
- If you don’t hold current exercise professional registration you need a letter of portability from Fitness Australia to verify that your qualification meets current Fitness Australia registration requirements and states which registration categories you are eligible for in Australia. This letter will be recognised for registration in ICREPS member countries to enable you to register. To request this letter, complete the International Portability Application Form and provide payment of the $50.00 administration fee. Return this form, together with your supporting qualification documents, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hoping to work in Australia but have an international qualification?
If you have an international qualification and you wish to register with Fitness Australia, you will first need to need to:
Check that your qualification is eligible
Please note that we do not accept international qualifications for registration purposes. However, we do accept evidence of international registration, if that registration is from one of the relevant ICREPs countries (listed above).
To be eligible for registration with Fitness Australia, you need either of the following:
- A current professional registration from one of the relevant ICREPs countries (listed above); or
- A letter of portability from one of the relevant ICREPs countries (listed above), verifying that your qualification meets the registration requirements and states which registration categories you are eligible for.
If you do not have either of these, you will need to have your international qualification formally mapped to Australian requirements by a Registered Training Organisation through an RPL (recognition of prior learning) process and be issued with an Australian fitness qualification certificate and record of results or statement of attainment that meets Fitness Australia’s registration requirements
Register with Fitness Australia
Submit the following:
- Completed registration form
- A valid letter of portability from the relevant ICREPs country listed above or an Australian fitness qualification certificate and record of results or statement of attainment showing that your qualifications have been formally mapped to Australian requirements.
- Current Australian First Aid and CPR certifications
Important note: You need only be registered in the country in which you are practicing.