As the fitness industry has progressed it is evident that the Fitness Industry codes of practice no longer meet the requirement of the current industry landscape. To meet industry needs and align states and territories to one standard, Fitness Australia has removed state based codes as we develop a National Fitness Industry Code of Practice.
In the meantime code legislation still exists in a number of states and territories and fitness businesses must meet these requirements.
- Australian Capital Territory fitness industry code of practice
- Queensland fitness industry code of practice
- South Australia fitness industry code of practice
- Western Australia fitness industry of practice
Legislation also exists for all business in any industry. It is important that fitness businesses are aware of the requirement to meet this legislation. Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Australian Consumer Law
- Work health and safety
- Working with Children's Check
- Anti-discrimination law