- If you have left, or transited through mainland China or Iran in the last 14 days, you must isolate yourself for 14 days from the date of leaving mainland China or Iran.
- If you have been in close contact with a proven case of coronavirus, you must isolate yourself for 14 days from the date of last contact with the confirmed case.
- Returned travellers from other higher-risk countries (including Italy) should self-monitor for symptoms, practice social distancing and immediately isolate themselves if they become unwell.
Isolated at home means no activities outside the home, except for seeking medical care. People who are isolated at home should not go to work, should not go to school, should not use public areas, and they should not use public transportation or taxis. Should a person isolated at home require medical care, wherever possible they should call first. Appropriate contacts are their GP, local emergency department or the HealthDirect helpline on 1800 022 222.
As there is currently no vaccine for Covid-19 we encourage, where possible, reinforcing the WHO general recommendations to prevent the potential spread of infection:
- Regular handwashing with soap (for at least 20 seconds) or alcohol-based solution
- Covering coughing or sneezing with a tissue or elbow (not your hand)
- Avoiding touching of eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Limiting contact with people who are sick, and staying home if you are sick
Fitness facilities are encouraged to reiterate the wiping down of equipment and surfaces more regularly with alcohol-based wipes or solution, and encourage employees to stay home when sick.