Why exercise with a Registered Personal Trainer or Instructor?
A Fitness Australia Registered Personal Trainer provides motivation, professional expertise and personalised attention, all key components of reaching your personal health and fitness goals.
Registered Personal Trainers and Instructors abide by the Fitness Australia Code of Ethics and are committed to ongoing professional development to keep their skills up-to-date. They are also required to maintain current Senior First Aid and CPR certifications.
A Personal Trainer or Fitness Instructor:
- Helps you make the best use of your exercise time
- Helps you with technique (efficiency and safety)
- Monitors your progress
- Adjusts your exercise program in response to your changing fitness level
- Offers sound advice on your health and lifestyle choices
- Varies your exercise options to keep you motivated, interested and enjoying your workouts
Other things to consider:
Find out what the Trainer specialises in and decide on your needs. You will find specific details of their credentials on their Fitness Australia Registration Card that includes their Level of expertise, or check their Registration details on this website.
- Feel comfortable with their training approach
- Ask to see proof of their public liability insurance cover
- Check out the fees and their policy on contract cancellations
Fitness Australia's Register of Exercise Professionals provides assurance and confidence to consumers, employers and health professionals that all registered exercise professionals are qualified and have the knowledge, skills and competence to perform specific roles. Registered exercise professionals are acknowledged for their professionalism, adherence to industry standards and commitment to ongoing professional development.