This report provides the fitness industry with important data and trend information that will contribute to industry development, identify and address opportunities and challenges and help to ensure the continued strength and prosperity of the fitness industry.
- Service subsectors - the fitness industry is characterised by a range of different business models from small personal training studios to large multi-national chains. Industry offerings likewise, ware just as diverse.
- Client Profile - over 4 million Australians participate in fitness industry activities. Users of facilitators are typically within the range of 25-34 years of age, with higher rates of female to male participation.
- Industry comparison - fitness industry relative to the broader industry group of sport and recreation has been growing at a faster rate with respect to employment, revenue and value added.
- Economic outlook - despite the impacts of GFC the industry is expected to continue to grow and levels of community participation in fitness will continue to increase.
- Industry innovation – considered to be the primary driver in shaping the future of the fitness industry. There is an increasing need to meet changing consumer preferences and to develop a greater capacity to integrate advanced technology in service provision.