Fitness Australia has launched its new CEC recognition initiative for Registered Exercise Professionals who participate in Mentorship Programs delivered by Registered Training Organisations (RTOs).
A strong support base for students is essential for ensuring a safe practice environment and achieving positive skill development in readiness to commence a career in the fitness industry. At the same time, the process of delivering structured mentoring offers valuable career and professional development for the professional mentor.
Why should I become a mentor?
For Registered Exercise Professionals, this initiative offers you:
- Recognition of your qualification and experience as an exercise professional
- Opportunities for relationship development with local RTOs and the education sector
- The chance to ‘give back’ to the next generation of industry professionals
- The opportunity to diversify how you gain your CECs for exercise professional registration
How will I be recognised?
If you are a Level 2 or 3 Registered Exercise Professional, you’ll be eligible for Continuing Education Credits when you deliver a CEC approved student mentoring program through an RTO Mentorship program. Credits will be allocated as follows:
- 1 CEC per 10 hours of placement (this must be with one student)
- The maximum CECs that can be earned in any given two year registration period is:
- Level 2 Registered Exercise Professionals | up to 4 CECs
- Level 3 Registered Exercise Professionals | up to 10 CECs
- Hold a minimum Level 2 Exercise Professional Registration (the registration categories you hold must be relevant to the skills and knowledge you are teaching)
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience in the field that you will be teaching
- Have documentation detailing your mentoring role as part of a CEC approved student mentoring program
Registered Training Organisations can apply here to have CECs allocated to their Mentoring Programs.
Contact Fitness Australia on 1300 211 311 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.